Quickbooks is a well-known accounting software that is used by small and medium-sized businesses all over the world to get premium accounting solutions for their businesses. Intuit Inc. Introduced the Quickbooks software specifically designed to manage all the accounting related issues in the business. Quickbooks POS is one of the services introduced in Quickbooks to avail more flexibility in payment and managing the transactions of the Business. However, every software has some flaws and Quickbooks is no different.
The Quickbook POS Socket Error 10060 is one of the errors that you might encounter due to some connection or network issues while making any payment using your debit or credit cards. However, there could be many other reasons that can lead to this error and if you have encountered this error then we have listed below the troubleshooting methods that can be used to fix this issue.
Quickbooks Pos Socket Error 10060 Causes
Below are some of the reasons that will help you to understand the causes of this Quickbooks Error 10060.
- You might get this error because of loose internet connectivity.
- Configuration or connection issue of the socket.
- Connection blocking issue due to anti-malware programs.
- Server and network connection issues.
In case, you are unable to detect and diagnose this issue on your own then you can report the issue to the experts. They will help you to find out the solution easily. However, if you want to resolve this issue on your own then follow the methods given below to fix this issue.
Fixes of Quickbooks POS Socket Error 10060
The Quickbooks POS socket error can occur due to various reasons. Hence, we have listed below the troubleshooting methods for some of the commons issues that can lead to this quickbooks error. Make sure to follow these processes properly in order to fix the issue.
Method: 1 Socket is Not Connected properly
Follow these stems in order to check the socket is linked properly or not.
- Go through all the connections and check whether the sockets are connected properly.
- Check the wires are inserted properly into the device.
- After this, start the softwaer and ensure its working properly.
Method: 2 Anti-Malware Software Blocks Connection
If you have encountered this issue because of anti-malware programs then you can try disabling the security software temporarily to resolve this issue.
- Click on the start menu and open the security software program.
- Open the settings and click on the disable option to temporarily stops the functioning of the software.
- Start the Quickbooks software and try processing the transaction again.
- If you are able to complete the transaction successfully then the error has been resolved.
Method: 3 Multi-Hosting Access
- Open the Quickbooks software and go to the edit menu.
- Open the preferences tab and then click on company option.
- Choose the Communication setup and mark the option that says “Use this computer for all credit and debit card transactions” and if it’s not selected then click on Change device.
- Click on Ok to save the file and restart your computer.
- Start the POS software again and go to the tools menu and open the user-information window.
- Now ensure that the WS-EFT server is set under one of the workstations and then you can continue the transactions with your card.
Method: 4 New Data File
- Open the Quickbooks software and go to the files menu.
- Click on the Company data option and choose the new option.
- Enter the test in the given box and give it a name to identify the data file easily.
- Now click on the Edit menu and then open the preferences tab.
- Click on Company and choose the merchant service option.
- Enter all the required details and then click on Save Option.
- Open the tools menu and click on user information.
- Open the POS software again and continue the transaction.
So these were some of the ways that you can use to troubleshoot the Quickbooks POS socket error 10060. If while updating Payroll, you have got Quickbooks payroll update error 403 then you can fix this issue by configuring your internet connection settings.
In case, you are not able to troubleshoot this issue on your own then you can ask for assistance from experts at Quickbooks. They have expertise in resolving these kinds of issues and then can provide you the best possible solution for sure.