QuickBooks is retail management software that allows users to clone the operations for better performance. This is one of the main reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks License Error after Clone.
QuickBooks is a useful application and it has helped small and big business owners to manage their records better. The user has kept a close eye on the transactions and other important entails. Over time the software is also improving and has introduced helpful tools. But just like any other application it also has many errors. We will discuss them in this article.
If you are also dealing with the QuickBooks License Error after Clone, then this article is for you. Consider reading this article till the end. We will provide all important details regarding the QuickBooks License error after Colne. We understand how irritating an error could seem in the middle of the work. Hence we have also prepared a list of some solutions that would help you to fix the issue from the device.
However, it is recommended not to directly jump into the solution and learn more about the error in detail first.
What is QuickBooks License Error After Clone?
As we have learned earlier, the error is generally occurred due to the cloning of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks License Error after Clone is also known as the license error which is called to be one of the most complex and rare issues. The user might experience sudden freezing of the software while dealing with the error. But you do not need to worry anymore, as we have covered it all in this article.
Triggers of QuickBooks License Error after Clone
There are many causes that might have triggered the QuickBooks License Error after Clone. Below are some of them that we have listed.
- The issue might be occurring due to the corruption or the damaged file of MSXML or dat.
- The.QBO file is not saved properly before importing.
- Your thor party antivirus might be causing some kind of restriction.
How to Fix the QuickBooks License Error After Clone?
Now since you know the main reasons that might have caused the QuickBooks License Error After Clone, it is time to solve it. We have tried to list down all the possible solutions, read all the steps very carefully.
Method 1: Update Windows Operating System
The corrupted and damaged Operating system can also lead to a different issue in your device. Therefore, it is important to update the Windows Operating System to remove the corrupted date .NET Framework and MSXL. Follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Start button and on the search bar explore for Windows Update.
- Choose the System Update from the programs list.
- Hit on the Check for Updates.
- Select the Install Updates choice if any update is accessible.
- After finishing the downloading process, try to restart your system.
- After finishing the installation of the Windows attempt to run and register the QuickBooks.
Method 2: Delete the Entitlement Data
The Entitlement Data folder is saved as EntilementDataStore.ecml. It helps the users to get the required information like an encrypted product key.
The damaged Entitlement files are also one of the reasons for triggering the error while transferring to the new device.
- Press the keys CTRL + ALT + DEL along on the keyboard to open Task Manager.
- Click right qbw32.exe underneath the Processes then choose End Task.
- Tap on the Yes button on the confirmation window.
- Press the keys Windows + R along on your keyboard.
- On the box, sort “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6).”
- Press on the OK choice then finds the ECML file.
- Select the folder then click on Delete.
- Hit the affirmative button, Yes to continue the method and exit the folder.
- Now try and re-register the opening QuickBooks.
Method 3: Disable the Antivirus
The third-party antivirus interrupts the QuickBooks software to connect to the internet. This could arise the error QuickBooks License error after Clone. In order to disable the Antivirus software temporarily follow the steps:
- As all antivirus features a completely different program. Thus it’d not be potential to list down each potential step, to start with. It’d be suggested to follow the method in line with your put-in antivirus.
- At the computer screen, look for the small arrow and click it.
- Click right the antivirus icon and choose Disable Protection.
- Select the time in line with your preference.
- As the product is registered you’ll be able to follow an equivalent higher than the method to alter antivirus protection.
- If you’re powerless to disable or alter the antivirus then contact the support team of the antivirus, hopefully, they’re going to guide you through.
Method 4: Allow the Admin Rights to QuickBooks
To avoid blocking the QuickBooks by any other third-party application it is important to change the Admin right of the application.
- Tap on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the Run as Administrator Button.
- Hit on the affirmative button, Yes if any warning message.
With the fourth method, we have come to the end of the article. Hopefully, the solution helped you to fix the QuickBooks License File error. If you are still getting the issue then consider contacting the support team of QuickBooks. You can access the helpline number from the official website of Intuit. Share the article with your family and friends if you find it helpful. You can also read other technical-related articles on our website.